- Undergoing an eyelid, eye lift, or lidlift surgery in Los Angeles with Dr. Steinsapir can make a big difference in your appearance. An eyelid lift surgery allows the surgeon to remove excess skin and fatty tissue that create the appearance of droopy, deflated eyelids. As the fat deposits, loose skin, and drooping of the eyelids typically occur because of aging, this procedure can reverse the effects of time to restore a youthful, refreshed, and rested appearance.
- Upper eyelid surgery, because it is a versatile procedure, can also accomplish other goals, such as deepening the upper eyelid crease. In addition, the upper eyelid lift procedure effectively leads to a reduction in skin tissue above the eye, allowing for better peripheral vision.
- For quite some time and still today, surgeons considered upper eyelid surgery as a “take out the skin, muscle and fat” surgery. The result can be an upper eyelid with a high sulcus and no fold, i.e. the surgical look. Over aggressive eyelid surgery can weaken the ability of the eyelids to close either by damaging the muscles responsible for closing the eyelid or shorten the skin in the upper eyelid so that there is insufficient skin to permit full eyelid closure.
- When the surgeon fails to make an upper eyelid crease, the skin on the eyelid platform can become crepe making it very difficult to hold makeup on the eyelid skin. Dr. Steinsapir is often called upon to fix complications from other surgeries.
- Ideally there should be full upper eyelid fold. The fold should be several millimeters above the eyelashes exposing a uniform strip to eyelid platform skin. The skin itself should be smooth not crepe and in particular, the eyelid platform skin should be relatively tight below the upper eyelid crease to create support for the eyelashes so they don’t point down.
>> Eyelid Surgery Benefits
>> Eyelid Surgery Expertise
>> Next Steps
|Eyelid Case Study|
>> View Additional Case Studies
|Frequently Asked Questions|